Led by Jonathan Bannister, this online programme will leave you and your team with a shared set of tools and know-how that will transform your capability to
Creative Thinking for Business Team
Release your creative potential and that of your team
- What is creativity? How inclusive is it?
- Principles of creative thinking;
- Bridges and barriers to creative thinking;
- The CPS (Creative Problem Solving) Model.
Reflection Question: If you had everything you needed to think creatively and perform at your best, what problems would you solve at work?
Problem Solving and the Design Thinking Toolbox I
Discover fresh perspectives and opportunities in the problems you face.
- Convergent and divergent thinking;
- Invitational stems to frame problems as questions;
- Techniques to defer or suspend judgement;
- Action planning incorporating Assisters and Resisters.
Reflection Question: What’s the most important problem for you and your team to solve at work? Try to phrase that problem as a ‘How might we…’ statement.
Problem Solving and the Design Thinking Toolbox II
Develop a healthy obsession with your customer.
- Design Thinking skills, and how they relate to creativity, innovation and brainstorming;
- Problem definition; identifying
customer needs and user groups;
- Customer journeys and empathy mapping.
Reflection Question: To make progress on your ‘How Might We…’ statement, who are the stakeholders you need to meet and empathise with?
Rapid Idea Generation and Insight
Stimulate unconstrained ideation and insight
- Creating the right environment for generating ideas;
- Tools and techniques for divergent thinking;
- Tools and techniques for convergent thinking;
- An introduction to the Basadur Innovation profile for individuals and teams.
Reflection Question: Based on your Basadur results, what profile do you present at work? How does the profile of your colleagues differ? Given your team’s overall profile, what tools might you use to stimulate ideas and insight?
Design Thinking for Strategy and Change Management I & II
Embed Design Thinking at the organisational level
- Principles of Design Thinking at the organisational level;
- Using Design Thinking to overcome barriers to strategic thinking and justifiable change management;
- Techniques to drive Design Thinking at the organisational level: What’s in my Design Thinking toolkit?
Reflection Question: Following this programme, what is the first step in your plan to embed Design Thinking into your organisation’s strategic practices?